Repair help

Jobe
This post is 4816 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi to all,

I just bought a 1987 xj900,it came without a battery and the fuel tank was not connected,on closer inspection I found six pipes coming out of the back of the carborettor"three facing down are small pipes and three facing up are larger pipes,the one in the middle is grey".the small ones I thought are for air and vapour and the large ones all connect together and lead up to the tank but I really haven't a clue at this stage and do I need another part that I connect the small pipes to.There is one more larger pipe that comes out of the oil tank that is not connected to anything and I don't know if I need something else for this.If anyone knows anything about these bikes you're help would be greatly appreciated,Im just eager to get it started.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi m8 can you buy me a pint of john smiths? ............no??? :blink:

an introduction goes a looooooooooong way here ;) (just read the noobs section) but post a picture it helps loads when explaining what the problem is :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online