2003 DT 125 wiring confusion

dids
This post is 4666 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello thanks for dropping by i I have a dt 125 2003 model liquid cooled that im converting from a field bike back to a road bike, the only electrics that where present was the stators, cdi unit and coil, that was it so i really have had to start from scratch, anyway ive made my own loom its all working have a battery, lights, ignition, horn etc... the only thing im stuck on is the ypvs ive connected it to the cdi unit earthed it and connected the brown wire to live but its just not working :( if i close it manually she's gutless open it up she hits the band near the redline, does anyone know if im not wiring it up right or weather its just broken? any advice would be appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello thanks for dropping by i I have a dt 125 2003 model liquid cooled that im converting from a field bike back to a road bike, the only electrics that where present was the stators, cdi unit and coil, that was it so i really have had to start from scratch, anyway ive made my own loom its all working have a battery, lights, ignition, horn etc... the only thing im stuck on is the ypvs ive connected it to the cdi unit earthed it and connected the brown wire to live but its just not working :( if i close it manually she's gutless open it up she hits the band near the redline, does anyone know if im not wiring it up right or weather its just broken? any advice would be appreciated.

Hi dids,

3 wire servo right?, you should have a black/yellow wire coming from the CDI,that wire plugs onto the black/yellow wire on the servo, the other two wires are black (earth) and brown (switchable live)providing you've wired the brown to switchable live, and not constant live (red)the only thing it could possibly be are the cables going to the pulley, not being set up right. Usually you should hear the servo motor for a second or two, when you turn the ignition on.

Hope this helps.

Hi dids,

3 wire servo right?, you should have a black/yellow wire coming from the CDI,that wire plugs onto the black/yellow wire on the servo, the other two wires are black (earth) and brown (switchable live)providing you've wired the brown to switchable live, and not constant live (red)the only thing it could possibly be are the cables going to the pulley, not being set up right. Usually you should hear the servo motor for a second or two, when you turn the ignition on.

Hope this helps.

Hi thanks for the response, yes it is the 3 wire servo connected to the black/yellow wire on one of the early cdi units, got black going to ground and brown going to the regulated live from the ignition switch, theres power at the servo its just not doing nothing at all even wen i turn the ignition on and off, i think its the servo at fault will have to get hold of another thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online