Hey all

This post is 4819 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys,

New to the action, so just wanted to say hi!! Bit of background......

Been riding for just over a year now (including CBT time). Started on a cheap Chinese Skyjet 125, which I sold after about 2 months, seeing the error of my ways!! After this, I bought a wreck of an Aprillia RS125, stripped it to the bones and rebuilt it. My intention was to get off the L-plates ASAP, and the idea was that I would do my test on the RS after gaining enough road experience in order to save money overall.......proved difficult with all the red tape surrounding its suitability for test (couldn't provide "adequate" proof of restriction for the jobs-worth bloke at the test centre! :angry: ). So, I was forced to sell again, and bought a Honda CG125 to replace it! Seems like a step backwards, but was the best thing I could have done in my situation. It's a great learner bike and very easy to ride (unlike the RS). I passed my test on the CG in June, and after a few weeks of deliberation, weighing up the pros and cons of different bikes, I decided on a Yamaha YZF600R "Thundercat" as my first "biggie"! Picked her up this morning and had the pleasure of a 100 mile trip back.......I love it! It's in great condition for its age, with only 15k on the clock. Can't wait to spend some money on her (when I get some ;) )

So, that's the story so far.........

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online