XJ600 restriction help?

iSoupz
This post is 4833 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section!)

I recently bought an XJ600 for when I pass my test.

I know I shouldn't buy one until after I pass, but it was £400 from a friend, on a 2000 plate. Perfection condition with a couple of nice extras e.g. Nexus Exhaust - So I couldn't pass it up!

My question is: Is it worth getting it restricted for the £200 I'm going to have to pay? Money is tight these days... Would I ever get caught if I drove it without the restriction for the 2 years I'm going to have to wait?

Cheers!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey mate, 1st welcome to the club 2ndgood luck with the test.

As for your restrictor kit EVERYONE takes them out once fitted and just keep the cert to prove to the old bill if they get pulled "BUT" if you rode your bike like a complete twot then the blod are gunna see its nt restricted and there for bugger you in the chocolate star fish! but if you rode it "as if it wher restricted" then your be fine

Its catch 22.....anal rape'd if you dont....anal rape'd if you do.

How old are you? im 23 and done my direct access so i dont have a restrictor kit (dont need one) so my advice if your the same age is to do that.

Job Jobbed

Cheers for both the warm welcome and reply! Aha.

If I get it restricted, I'm not gonna take it out. I'll never get the chance to thrash it down where I live, and it'll still reach ample speed with them in as far as I'm aware.

I'm 18 as of 4 months ago, so I've got another 3 years to wait yet before I can take the Direct Access test.

So, what would your advice be personally? Ride it like a restricted bike or just get it restricted?

Cheers for both the warm welcome and reply! Aha.

If I get it restricted, I'm not gonna take it out. I'll never get the chance to thrash it down where I live, and it'll still reach ample speed with them in as far as I'm aware.

I'm 18 as of 4 months ago, so I've got another 3 years to wait yet before I can take the Direct Access test.

So, what would your advice be personally? Ride it like a restricted bike or just get it restricted?

My view is, try to stay the right side of the law.

Shame you bought the bike first, there are some 250s that are highly capable performers at 33 bhp that you could have bought and enjoyed legally.

My view is, try to stay the right side of the law.

Shame you bought the bike first, there are some 250s that are highly capable performers at 33 bhp that you could have bought and enjoyed legally.

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to stay on the right side of the law, I'm just not sure if I can afford to, haha.

And yeah, I was looking at the 250s but they were all above my budget. £400 for the bike I'm getting is quite the bargain and I didn't really find any 250s that I liked for anywhere near the same price range. Plus, I know the history of this one as it's only had 1 owner and I know him personally etc.

If ya dont get it restricted and ya have an acident then ya wont be covered ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online