wee pw matter

skik
This post is 4698 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi folks.i just bought my son a wee pw50.it was a non runner.i noticed there was no tube going from the oil bottle to the pump so i pre mixed at 32/1.i took off the carb and cleaned and blew out jets.put it back on and away it went.going great for the first day.next day it started and idles but would'nt take full throttle kinda stuttered.so took off carb and cleaned it again.went great for another day.now im having to do this everytime we take it out.im using carb cleaner and compressed air to blow the jets out.do you think i need new jets or what?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi folks.i just bought my son a wee pw50.it was a non runner.i noticed there was no tube going from the oil bottle to the pump so i pre mixed at 32/1.i took off the carb and cleaned and blew out jets.put it back on and away it went.going great for the first day.next day it started and idles but would'nt take full throttle kinda stuttered.so took off carb and cleaned it again.went great for another day.now im having to do this everytime we take it out.im using carb cleaner and compressed air to blow the jets out.do you think i need new jets or what?

prob need to clean the tank out and check for rust!

does it have an inline filter? are the float bowls clear?

prob need to clean the tank out and check for rust!

does it have an inline filter? are the float bowls clear?

the tank is plastic and i have cleaned it and blew out hoses.i will fit a filter but cant see that working

Have you checked the air cleaner to make sure it isn't dirty. Also do you know if it still has the restrictor in the downpipe which was fitted to reduce the output for young riders.If you take the exhaust off and look in the flange where it bolts to the cylinder the restrictor is like a large washer with a reduced hole in it under the exhaust gasket. My nephews have a PW80 and with the restrictor in it won't rev out and stutters.

hi folks.i just bought my son a wee pw50.it was a non runner.i noticed there was no tube going from the oil bottle to the pump so i pre mixed at 32/1.i took off the carb and cleaned and blew out jets.put it back on and away it went.

Personally I'd be pre-mixing nearer to 50-1 than 30-1.

Try this download for working out your ratio's for pre-mix, if it helps.

http://www.dansmc.com/mc_software.htm (scroll down towards bottom of the page for the download.) Nev

Have you checked the air cleaner to make sure it isn't dirty. Also do you know if it still has the restrictor in the downpipe which was fitted to reduce the output for young riders.If you take the exhaust off and look in the flange where it bolts to the cylinder the restrictor is like a large washer with a reduced hole in it under the exhaust gasket. My nephews have a PW80 and with the restrictor in it won't rev out and stutters.

do you just drill a bigger hole in it?