R6 running rough

CORRIEBOY
This post is 4827 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After having the bike off the road for a year (lack of work , money etc )finally got new front tire and mot and thought yahoo Anyway after a few miles R6 started running on and off 4 cylinders to 3 and was gradually getting worse not really bad as bike would still rev just lacked a bit of power until 4th cylinder kicked in again I left bike in garage over the year with a little fuel in tank but never drained carbs so should I try a fuel cleaner through tank if so could anyone recomend one or is it best take bike to dealers or any ideas appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Most likely blocked jets in the carbs . I had this on my Bandit, two carbs had blocked pilot jets. Find which cylinders have trouble by touching exhaust headers with a wet rag, the ones that are cool wont hiss, these are the carbs to work on.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online