My Kickstand xvs 125

Acebass100
This post is 4838 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all this is my first post here so hello to you all

my xvs 125 kick stand has broken clean off and i need a quick fix untill i have enough money to replace it with a nice chrome one from yamaha.

does anyone have any info that could help me or is there a company out there that makes a universal one??

please help me as i cant bare to see my bike resting on things so have resulted in leaning it on my garage wall with 3 pillows keeping it safe.

i hope some has got a bright idea.

Ace

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just buy one of these.......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YAMAHA-XVS125-DRAGSTAR-01-04-STAND-SIDE-/110709679756?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item19c6cfa68c

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YAMAHA-XVS-125-DRAGSTAR-SIDE-STAND-/230638692288?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item35b32327c0

Both are priced at pretty much less than a tank of petrol, and I'm not sure the original stand is availible in chrome anyway.

on closer inspection its the plate that its attached to that is broken i have just got back from the garage and they are saying that to weld a new plate on will cost £200 to completely repair it which i really dont have!!!!! can i buy a bolt on one that will attach else where on the bike?please help all

£200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're pulling you're panties down and they're gonna fuck you hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20min job for anyone with a MIG welder, go elsewhere and only take £50 max with you, and you really ought to be able to get chips and a pint on the way home with that!

There is a centre stand conversion available for the XVS 125

How did you manage to knock it off?

Leatherats advice is sound, any engineering workshop or a mate with a mig welder, its a beer money job

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online