My Bobber project

Noise
This post is 3581 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yer its got an off possition, see im all about praticality ha ha, well originally i was going to use some threaded bar and some wing nuts (coolest nuts ever made IMO) but once i put the bar through the tank and had a look before i welded i noticed that there was no way a 8mm wing nut would clear the tank so found these bonnet pin bolts and there we have it.

Think ill leave the handle idea to one side for now tho mate. ha ha

Right just got a quote back about some hydro dipping, asked a company to dip my rims and hubs and they came back with a price of £500 + VAT my responce was that i wanted them dipped and i didn't want them to install a work shop in my house, never got a reply back from them. where as my mate from my other forum said he aint sure on doing bike rims and hubs as he has never done them before and didn't want to cock them up btu he is doing my fuel tank for £60, bargin! but im still going to bug him to grow some balls and do my wheels for me.

Today once im home from work and taken the daughter to the local indoor monkey jump about play ground thingy and he is having her afternoon nap im getting out into the cave and doing my pipes and poss clean up the welds on what ive done.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well bit more done to the old girl last night, mainly finishing off the bits to get my seat mounted to the frame, yet again a little small part takes about 2 hours to get fitted. Just need to finish off cleaning the welds up and dress them with a file.

Reason i cut this part out was that it had a part that stuck up in order for the stock seat to hook under and my seat wouldn't bolt down to it as it was up at the wrong angle, so i cut it out and placed a flat bit into it and bent the edge down to follow the two bits of remaining metal. Just still needs more grinding to make it look acceptable

Before

DSC_0330_zpsec94affb.jpg

DSC_0331_zps40ec0cd3.jpg

DSC_0332_zpsf3bcf0ae.jpg

DSC_0333_zps8b129803.jpg

DSC_0335_zps34fe78e6.jpg

DSC_0337_zps0443388e.jpg

So how does a set of 2" fat stumpy slash cut pipes sound! O I can't wait to find out!!!

DSC_0347_zps01d9211a.jpgDSC_0346_zpsba3fefc8.jpgDSC_0344_zps590d7999.jpg

Just need to finish the front pipe off tonight and dress the welds, paint and wrap them and that's another job done

Pigeon? I see no pigeon.

I noticed your welds are all to cold most likely the result of using a long cord to run the welder always best to plug the welder into the outlet directly

The one that keeps shitting on yer bike :eusa_whistle:

Ah now i see :biglaugha: yer im not the greatest welder in the world but ive been giving them the 'ammer test and drop it on the deck test and so far none of them have broken/cracked so i guess ive stuck the metal to the metal :eusa_shifty:

I noticed your welds are all to cold most likely the result of using a long cord to run the welder always best to plug the welder into the outlet directly

she's plugged directly into the mains mate, i think its just down to a shit welder and a shit operator ha ha,

Just had a thought about hydro diping the wheels,if you and your bud want to try it use the axel to hold the wheel it should then transfer to the wheel in 1 app

Ive been thinking about it too as its all about the angle it goes in at, thing is tho ive taken the spokes out the front so now cant use the axle to do the dipping. Ive come up with plan B tho so i may get the wheels dipped next year once ive got some extra cash.

Have to look at it later mate as E-bay is banned at work. :(

Ive gotta up date some more pics which ill do tonight as ive done a tiny bit more to her now. Finally fitted the seat (well mock up wise) done a bit more welding so need to clean up them tonight, then i can finish off all the other little bits that need welding then the frame can go off to powder coat.

Only a small shopping list to buy for her now:

1. New chain for sissy bar
  2. New metal Rear mudgaurd
  3. Mini Speedo
  4. Small Switches
  5. New Head light
  6. Front Tyre
  7. Brake pads
  8. Braided brake line
  9. Number plate braket and number plate.
  10. Tax and MOT

So if all goes well should be on the road in time for the weather to turn back.

O and im picking up this little 50cc bike tonight so im hoping it aint going to take much to get that sorted

Sorted out me forks this week, turned out like gold!!

4 coats of primer, 4 coats of gloss black and 6 coats of laquor, sanded in between ever coat with 1200 grit and then polished with Auto glym paint renovator then with auto glym deep shine gloss and ET VALLA

Before

DSC_0375_zpsd4e6879d.jpg

After sanding the laquor

DSC_0385_zps49a21c37.jpg

One side done other just been sanded

DSC_0386_zpsec58fbc9.jpg

And they are soooo smooth

DSC_0381_zps29cbfe1d.jpg

DSC_0380_zps30f587e8.jpg

Another Job Done!!!

Very nice! :thumb: did you just tape off the stanchions?

Yer just masked them if with masking tape and cracked on

• Like 1

Well here comes a head fuck tonight. Going to try and turn this into wheel.

DSC_0391_zpscacac802.jpg

Yup finding that out now lol. WHERE TO START!!!!!

Arrrrggggggggg

24 down. Just another 24 to go.

Anyone fancy a write up on how to do it??

DSC_0393_zps2376c655.jpg

I'd love a how-to write-up. I'm going to give it a shot at some point... perhaps in a hundred years when I've finally finished school! :shrug: