1980 XS1100 no spark

Sphinx327
This post is 4829 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys. First off, I just want to thank you for all your help with past topics. I have been reading a lot of posts to try and "spruce up" my 750 Virago and this site has helped tons. But now I need some more help. I recently bought an XS1100. It ran 2 years go. It sat outside and I spotted it finally and just offered him $200 and he took it. It has awesome compression and gets fuel. I have found there is no spark. I can spray Starting fluid like hell into the airbox and I don't even get a sputter. I was told to try and change the CDI, so I did, still nothing. I have power coming through the whole fuse block and Solenoid. I am fairly mechanically inclined and my father is very inclined (he is an Automotive Teacher) However, neither one of us has much experience with motorcycles. I would really appreciate any help you can give me. I was told there was a way to jump the CDI box to see if that was the problem, but they didn't tell me how to. I am planning on checking to see if I get power out of the coil tomorrow. Is there anything else I should check? Again, I appreciate your help in advance.

Jesse

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online