Twin Wall Renthal handlebars

NEV
This post is 4718 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Went to put on the new Renthal Twin Wall handlebars today, but came across a slight problem, the o/d of the bar is 28.5mm and the clamps are meant to take 22mm bars, has anybody else fitted these type of bar? and how did they get around the difference in bar to clamp size? is there some type of conversion kit you need to buy? any help is much appreciated.

img0135axx.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How come you didnt buy 22mm ones NEV?

Are they new, can you swap them for the correct ones?

Hi OG, I don't think do twin walls in 22mm, they do the twin walls basically for strength in case of a dropped bike , plus I thought they out gunned the Renthal Paris Dakar bars for height and width dimensions, there's also another type similar to these called Fat Bars, and whilst reading all about Twin Walls and Fat Bars, I've never read of any problems fitting them, or of them needing conversion kits, so I just presumed they'd fit my top yokes, I dare say I could go into the 'lord of the flies' forum and ask them how they fitted theirs but I just don't understand a word they say, with all that text speak :blink: and they really are a nice looking bar even by being cable tied on :rolleyes:

I dare say that as a last resort, I can let Wayno see if he can mill about 3/8th off the handlebar seat(there is a slight taper there) on the top yoke so there is enough meat between the seating and the clamp thread,and ream out a radius of just over 14mm, then have him make two new top clamps as I reckon if they are reamed out they wont have enough thickness from the out side radius and the top of the clamp.Just seems a bit of a tattar, at the end of the day :blink: As for swapping them, well I got them off ebay, and doubt as theres nowt wrong with them, they'll take them back, especially as they were £84 quid, caveat emptor and all that bollocks.

....... As for swapping them, well I got them off ebay, and doubt as theres nowt wrong with them, they'll take them back, especially as they were £84 quid, caveat emptor and all that bollocks.

I would ask them anyway, explain your error etc, perhaps they can swap for 22mm ones?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online