Chain Lubrication

brunioson
This post is 4826 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What is the best/recommended oil or lubricant for YBR 125 Custom chain?

Lots to pick from, comes down to personal choice, ask 10 riders and youll likely get 10 different answers.

My view is, an oil rather than a wax, i use Silkolene.

Take the chain off the bike, thoroughly clean it with parrafin, hang it up to dry. When dry, lay it out flat on a sheet of plastic/binliner etc, spray as recommended on the can, hang it up again and wipe off excess, refit chain.

Theres a good link somewhere on the site to chain maintenance, have a look at that too. :)

Lots to pick from, comes down to personal choice, ask 10 riders and youll likely get 10 different answers.

My view is, an oil rather than a wax, i use Silkolene.

Take the chain off the bike, thoroughly clean it with parrafin, hang it up to dry. When dry, lay it out flat on a sheet of plastic/binliner etc, spray as recommended on the can, hang it up again and wipe off excess, refit chain.

Theres a good link somewhere on the site to chain maintenance, have a look at that too. :)

Turns out there is a Yamalube Chain Spray.

Thanks for the help anyway. ;)

Scotoiler or something similar, if the bike is in everyday use you will forget. Or 'do it tommorow'. I have never got less than 20k from my chains using a scottoiler.

An automatic system whichever you choose will save most people well above what it costs in the long run. Set properly they can give surprising horsepower benefits as well.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online