Yamaha WR200 Project

This post is 4825 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

Sorry I havn't been on here in a while, i started a new job and it all got hectic! I've recently purchased an old Yamaha WR200 enduro. I've been told it's been bored out to a 250 but I've yet to open up the engine as it seems to have compresssion and turns nicely so will get it running before i do so. I was wondering if anyone on here knew much about them? I remember seeing a thread about them a while back but there wasnt much response.

I'm planning to restore it and possibly make it road legal. I want to sell the DTRE and and start looking for a 31k RD350 but alot of my funds are tied up in the DTRE and i dont want to be bikeless for any period of time!

This WR has a full DEP system on it and it looks very similar to a DT exhaust but i havnt attempted a swop yet, due to chronological issues :P! I'll upload some photos when i get them on my mac. She looks lovely, if a bit tatty. I see through that though, to its potential! Also need to clear alot of my DT parts from the loft so if anyone is after anything then please feel free to give me a shout!

Andy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So, having spoken to Boretech engineering in attempts to get parts, i found out that infact, the bike is a Yamaha DT200WR. I have seen one on ebay that is road registered, legal, taxed and mot'd. I will, therefore be making this the same and then selling the DT :(.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online