sr 125 not going in gear after crash

tez73
This post is 4740 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, I had a crash the other day when a woman knocked me over at a roundabout when she did not indicate although she insists otherwise fooking muppet!!

The only damage luckily is a bent gear lever but i cant seem to get the bike into 2nd 3rd or 4th gear at all as a result, i fitted a new cluth cable a couple of months ago. Is it possible it knocked the gears in gearbox out of synch and if so what can i do about it?

Any help gratefully recieved!

Terry. :unsure::unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello

Have you straightened out the gear lever since the incident? I would have tried to straighten the gear lever or depending on how it was bent (inwards is usually the worst) either replace it or undo the securing bolt and move it slightly downwards on the spline (not forgetting to tighten it up again :eusa_shifty:)

All the best

Mike

thanks for that i was looking on another post about similar problem and they suggested clutch and chain adustment which i did but neither seemed to work so i and changed the oil which i did and it worked immediatly, so if anyone has same trub change oil first!! :rolleyes::lol:

bent gear selector? The mechanism on the other end of the gear lever can get damaged - used to see this often on crashed bikes. You may need to order the shaft the gear lever attaches to.