96 Seca wont start

BAMFnJAY
This post is 4832 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have been driving my 96 seca 2 for abaout a month with no problems, then a few nights ago it started sputtering while i was going down the road. I filled the tank recently and needless to say i didnt think it was out of gas, but i pulled over and it died at this time, switched to res, and tried to start it. It would start and idle but as soon as i gave it some throttle it would die, i tried to switch to prime aswell with same result. Luckily i was on my way home and almost there so i walked it home, and decided to check on it in the morning. Next day i got up drained the carb bowls, the gas i drained into a shot glass looked a little dirty. I checked the vacuum lines aswell as all others and they were fine, fuel filter was also fine and pumped seemed good and clear enough to refill the carb bowls. Tried to start it again and wont start (before draining carb bowls i tried to start it and wouldnt start at all). So i pulled #1 plug and it seemed to spark but was also a little chalky white. Checked air filter aswell and it seemed to be ok a little dirty but i have seen alot worse. Im thinking maybe need to clean the carbs, but im looking for some feedback and am open to suggestion. any help would be appreciated!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online