XVS 125 Shift pedal seems wobbly

Priyal
This post is 4827 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I am about to purchase a XVS 125 Dragstar, and the shift pedal when i mounted the bike seemed to be slightly wobly. As i am new to the bike, do not know if this is common for shift pedals. Are the meant to be more stiff, and less wobbly, to change the gears ? Would like to know so i can challenge the seller if need be

Many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nope. Is fine.

Buy the bike, then come back, make a proper introduction, join in the community and be friends with us!!

Hi

I am about to purchase a XVS 125 Dragstar, and the shift pedal when i mounted the bike seemed to be slightly wobly. As i am new to the bike, do not know if this is common for shift pedals. Are the meant to be more stiff, and less wobbly, to change the gears ? Would like to know so i can challenge the seller if need be

Many thanks

There has to be a bit of freeplay in pivot/bush. Just make sure that the circlip (spring clip) is on, that holds the pedal on.

If youre gonna ride it regularly, get into the habit of once month or so, slip the circlip off and slide the pedal off, wipe the muck and shite out of the bush and off the shaft, then put some fresh grease back on. Helps to prevent wear and keeps it nice and easy moving

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online