gasket sealer

sales125
This post is 4830 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi,im putting a new gasket on my yamaha 125 and going to put sealer on it i was just wondering if to put it on the gasket or on the cylinder and head? never put sealer on before!

thx

Provided its a bona fide gasket that youve purchased, and not cut from a piece of old rubber youve found lying around your garage, then then gasket will be made from material to seal without sealant. Just make sure that the mating faces are clean and dry, follow the torque instructions in the manual.

Provided its a bona fide gasket that youve purchased, and not cut from a piece of old rubber youve found lying around your garage, then then gasket will be made from material to seal without sealant. Just make sure that the mating faces are clean and dry, follow the torque instructions in the manual.

Now personally I smear with a light covering of new oil, but I could be wrong :blink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online