Xt125X Fuel Mixture

AndyAdamson
This post is 4831 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My XT125X requieres alot of choke each time i start it up. the mixture is very weak and so the bike struggles to start in the morning. is there anyway of increasing the mixture so it starts. just recently i had to bump start it via the hill i live on because it simply wounldnt start.

Also---

Do all the XT125X's requier alot of choke in order to start?

Edited by AndyAdamson

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My XT125X requieres alot of choke each time i start it up. the mixture is very weak and so the bike struggles to start in the morning. is there anyway of increasing the mixture so it starts. just recently i had to bump start it via the hill i live on because it simply wounldnt start.

Also---

Do all the XT125X's requier alot of choke in order to start?

Hey - I have a XT 125 R and had the same problem when I first got the bike. I took carb apart and gave it a good clean and adjusted the mixture slightly (as it bogged when pulling away after cleaning) solved the problem. Other things to try before this are to check the air filter & take out the spark plug and see what colour it is - this will give you an idea to what your mixture is like. If it's black and sooty then you're too rich or if it's white and sort of glazed then too lean. If you want to adjust the mixture, there's a screw on the bottom of the carb, really awkward to access but easiest done from the right side of the bike with a 1/4" ratchet with a flat blade attachment.

I had to leave the choke on for about 10-15 minutes when I'd just got the bike - before cleaning the carb - now it only needs 5 minutes (2 standing warming up and then just half choke for 3 mins riding). So a dirty carb is probably your problem, but check the simple things first!

Hope this helps.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online