dt175 twin shock speedo

col68
This post is 4664 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

almost at the end of the easy bit (stripping bike down) hoping to bring it back to its former glory the clock bodies are in need of re chroming can any one tell me if they come apart. have removed screws on back but to no avail or are they sealed and should i be loking for replacements if so i would be interested in any for sale

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

They can be taken apart with care as you can see with the XT set i have done on another forum.

http://www.trailbikeandenduroclassics.com/tommy-s-xt500-75c-t924-60.html

I have stripped a set of DT clocks but not had the time to put them together yet,

best to is to prise the top retaining ring from the underside of the speedo as rather than

risking braking the glass.

Good luck

TTB

cheers tommy will give it a go if not will send them to you lol

Yes , as you can see you may be waiting a while. Its easy really just take your time in prising the ring open first

once you have it nearly there just run a small screwdiver around the edge and given time it should come away.

Good luck

TTB

Another technique I found that works is to use a dremel to cut a slot in the top retaining ring, you then drill 2 small holes and use a strong wire to hold the 2 sides together. The top rubber hides the repair and it holds well.

speedo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Another technique I found that works is to use a dremel to cut a slot in the top retaining ring, you then drill 2 small holes and use a strong wire to hold the 2 sides together. The top rubber hides the repair and it holds well.

speedo.jpg

thanks for the advice have now managed to un pick them but how does the trip knob come out

There is a tiny cross head screw which holds the trip knob in place.

TTB

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online