XVS 650 Over haul

Noise
This post is 4692 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right this coming Winter (some way away!) i am completely stripping down the Dragstar ready for powder coating and new shiney bits to go on but my question is to any one of you guys that has stripped their bike down is.......is the prop shaft dificult to dismantal / re-assemble? i have got both Hatnes manuel and Climer manuel but i wasn't sure if there was any thing "hidden" that s not said or not worded right in the books?

Also is there any thing else thats a bit tricky with the 650 to take apart? i did strip my XVS 125 and helped with my step dads 1988 Harley Sporster so i have "some" knoledge of bikes but as we all are im still learning.

Cheers for the advise (in advance)

Keith

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nothing is difficult to strip down.

The hard part comes if you try and replace certain parts in-situ, such as the carb manifolds. Those are fecking fiddly if you're trying to reach around the carbs and fiddle-fit them without some kind of firm purchase... I managed it in the middle of Winter a couple of years ago. Took me over an hour!!

But if you're taking everything down, you'll find parts are a lot easier to fit.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online