87 FZ600

djimass
This post is 7206 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I just picked up my new (to me) 87 FZ600 yesterday afternoon. There are a

couple of things I've noticed and I figured I'd ask you guys for advice.

First, the front brake lever goes all the way to the handlegrip. It does

stop the bike when I roll it forward in the garage. But I assumed the lever

would stop maybe half an inch before hitting the grip. The pads on boths

front brakes are good, so it's not because the pads are worn out. Is it

because I need to bleed the front brakes? If so, how do I do that? What else

could be the problem?

The previous owner did a nice thing for me and put a new rear tire on the

bike for me. But I've noticed that it's a 130/90-18 tire, when the

manifacturer calls for 120/80-18. Is that going to cause driveability

problems? Nothing seems to rub anywhere, but I'm worried nonetheless.

Thanks for your help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yes bleed those brakes! you can either spend out and get a proper bleed kit. or do the cheap and simple way of just pulling the leaver back to handle bar and strapping it there, then taking the top off the (err just had a memory block forgot what its called, bit when u put fluid in...) thingy... and take the rubber bit out, then top that up, and leave it for 6 hours or so, then top it up again, then leave it for another 6 hours, then if it needs topping up another time top it up again, if not, let the leaver go and put the rubber seal back on with the top of the fluid compartment.

tbh i would be scared with anything less than a 130 on the rear so feel lucky u can squeeze one on! afaik i will give you more grip in a stright line as there will be more surface area touching the floor not sure how the wider tyres effect cornering though

Hi,i've just bought myself an FZ600U.

I'm looking for used fairings and some info,anybody?

The bike has K&N filters but i don't think they changed the jets,so the question is whats the original size jets and whereabouts should i be with K&N filters.

if anybody has a wiring diagram,could you give me the link or email me the picture.

Thnx.

you might want to try ebay for those fairings...if not, air-tech makes some aftermarket ones...I believe it was about 500 USD for all the fairings new

when I called they gave me these prices:

Upper cowl = 131

Mid left and right = 62 each

Lower left and right = 103 each

Rear Cowl (this goes over the rear seat with velcro) = 48

all of this is in USD

you might be able to try other sources as well...but they are all about the same price

if you are running the pod filters, I might suggest that you pick up a K&N jet kit...on ebay K&N is flogging the stage1&3 kits for about 35 USD (which is a remarkable deal)...this should take the guess work out of finding the right jet (seeing K&N makes those filters)....

I also picked up a Jardine aftermarket pipe...they have them on ebay as well

granted...I have just gotten these things and I havent installed them yet (its winter where I live)...when I do I will post my experiences, but I believe that it should make the bike run sweet!!

are you in the states?

But i'm still riding my other bike(virago 920),it has to be really bad to stop me.

Sounds waaaaaay too familiar TFU :thumb: ......

Real Riders like us, don't care what time of year it is! B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online