How can I increase power on my R125

taii
This post is 4834 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there guys I'm new to the yamaha owners club and wanted to know if anyone knew of any good methods of increasing performance for my R125 it's brand new this year (so its an eleven plate) And I wanted to try and increase the power if possible,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

go in the noobs section and tell us a little about yourself ;)

as to power go on wemoto.com and get a big bore kit (but expect to pay someone to sort out the fuel injection settings to cope with the increase in cc ) oh and if ur on L plates it will make you illegal so if you get caught then they will crush the bike and give you a few points on ur license :blink:

so save your money and pass your test then get a bigger bike......job done!

Wonder how many of those 125's they would sell if they put in the bumf.

"Its a gutless bugger unless you really wring its neck, even then it will have none of the performance of the older 125's cos its a pokey 125 4 stroke that is lumberd with so much electronic and physical regulation that i'm surprised it goes as quick as it does."

The bike isn't slow, in the hands of Bradly or such i would imagine its a very quick bike. I bet it stops and corners far far better than the old stuff.

Ahhhh the point, wonderd where i was going. Spend the money you were going to spend on performance(?) parts on yourself. That will make a far bigger difference, and its easily transferable to your next bike :) . I have done it several times with the BMF, the police (who do some very good rider courses) and plain old instructed track days.

As far as the bike goes, just ride it. The more you f with it the less its worth and the plods will tear you apart, don't give them the bullets to do it.

Fair enough then sensible advice, any good exhausts or feds dodgey on those aswell

To meet emmision rules the engine runs so efficiently, like 100mpg being entirely possible. An exhaust will not help, the only real way for performance is extra cc.

Back in the good old days bike manufacturers made 125 bikes go, then restricted them so we'd junk the restrictors. Now they are made to produce the horsepower they make. There are no 'restrictors' to remove. The best you will realistically get with home tuning unless you really know your stuff is maybe 5-10% extra, on 12.5hp is that worth the cash...?

£1000 will get you Mod1 and 2 test plus your lessons = faster bike

125's are there to teach you at slow ish speeds how not to kill your self at stupid speeds they are forgiving at will let you know when you fucked up thus teaching you what not to do.....when you mess about trying to get more power then your lessons will be no more and you "may" come a cropper. I know they are slow and painful going up hills i hated mine as i have at least 4 hills on my way to work and going up them every day fucked me off big time but its due to that which made me go for my test and get a bigger bike. Now the hills are more fun at 0530 in the morning with my fat pipes sounding out over the fields :D

All the best and ride safe

Keith