XVS650 Customisation - Engine Bars, Sissy Bar, Rack, Tank Cover and Seats!

Nickybwild
This post is 4756 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello!!

Hope you are all well!

Last week I passed my Mod 1 and Mod 2!!! Both in torrential rain (and I mean TORRENTIAL). It was raining so hard that my radio stopped working! After passing Mod 1 - I lost my instructor in Farnborough!!! Ended up riding all the way back to London on my own....in the fast lane with a BIG grin on my face mind you!! Anyway - was a bit of a nightmare, but I survived and I am now over the moon to be free from restrictions like many of you fine people on this fine forum! VERY EXCITING!!!

I've just upgraded my XVS125 to and XVS650! So far I have the windshield, a set of straight through turn down pipes and some studded panniers. What I'm after now is the following:

Engine Bars

Sissy Bar (possibly with rack)

Studded Leather Tank Cover/Strip

Possibly some of those luxury seats with buttons

Just wondering if any of you guys have any of these or know of where to get them? There are LOADS out there and was just wondering what people's opinions on what the BEST ones are or their favourites. If you could provide some good sources and prices (the cheaper the better!!) it would be MUCH MUCH appreciated!

Was thinking of sticking to Highway Hawk for the engine bars...although they are a bit dear. Do you think they are the best looking ones?

ANY help/advice welcome

THANKS as always and ride safe!

Nick

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nope, no opinions at all.

The whole point of customising a Custom is that you put on what YOU like best. It's a blank canvas and YOU are the artist. That's why there are so many different custom component places.

Best I can suggest is post up links to the stuff you're considering and we'll let you know if any of them are/look/might turn out to be complete shite.

Well done with the test. Has the swerve been dropped from the mod 1 yet?

Like Taskmaster says, type in engine bars/crash bars and just scan through waht comes up, same with the other stuff, there are lots of suppliers of those parts out there. Fehling is another manufacturer of bars

Did you sell the 125?

Can't answer your question but can recommend Custom Wizard in Sheffield for parts: http://customwizard.com/product_list.php?page=1&id=&brandid=&bikeid=46

Just checked out the site you recommended clarkgrey - THANKS looks good!!!

Glad to help. Post some pics when you've customised your ride.

Graham

Hey Mate welcome and congrats on passing the test, im in the same boat i just passed my Mod 1 and 2 and just got rid of my XVS 125 Bobber for a 650, and GUESS what! i have just taken off the following as im now turning my 650 into a bobber.

Sissy bar WITH rack, (high way hawk)

Front and rear floor boards (high way hawks)

Engine Crash bars (highway hawk)

Panya rests (not sure)

They are in "used" condition as the previous owner did not look after this bike and im having to pay for it (frame needs stripping and powder coating)

You are more than welcome to these at bargan price due to their condition let me know if your interested and we can

talk in more detail over the phone or e-mail.

All the Best

Keith

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online