Yamaha YZF R125 2008

tintinek19
This post is 4759 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi im new i have quick and simple question what could be the reason of the Dashboard not lighting up after switching the key to ON position ?the bike does not start too , no lights nothing is working , i have checked the fuses under the seat and the battery.

The story , well i went to one place come back left the bike as i always do did what i had to do , came back the bike is dead somehow first i through the battery but its fine i have no idea whats wrong with it.

Thanks for any help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

connected the battery charger to the Battery, even i tried direct connection by pluging the sockets of the charger to + and - , i have taken off half of the right side of the bike and same here i dont see any cables burned or anything like that. thank you

connected the battery charger to the Battery, even i tried direct connection by pluging the sockets of the charger to + and - , i have taken off half of the right side of the bike and same here i dont see any cables burned or anything like that. thank you

well you really need to some diagnostics.

leave the bike battery for a few hours, then without powering it up, put a good voltmeter across the battery terminals. you should get 12.4-12.7v. More or less is not good. a reading of 12v is not good, contrary to what people sometimes think.

Less means the battery is shot [doubt it is more than 12.7v, but if it is it means the bike is probably overcharging].

Also check the battery connections, are properly tight. sometimes the connections are good enough to intially power-up at ignition on, but the moment demand is made on the battery (starter motor turns), the connection goes resistive and the electrics go down.

Connecting a charger alone, does not do anything if a battery has a problem (depending on the charger it may actually make it unserviceable), some battery charger/tender/maintenance devices can fix a battery (albeit quite temporarily) if it is deep-discharged/sulphated etc.