Gearbox fault?

Guest martinread
This post is 4839 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest martinread

Hi All, Got a problem with 5th gear I think, when I select 5th it goes in ok but about 10 seconds later it drops back to 4th, almost like an automatic, doesn't do it all the time but bloody annoying never the less, most of the time it is fine but occasionally it just drops a gear and revs it's head off, if I hold it in gear with my foot for a few moments it seem's ok but I would like to fix it before it get's any worse. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks all. :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

what model and year?

i would be tempted to suggest slector forks or drum, but ive never really dabbled much with gearboxes so i am unsure exactly what it could be, im sure theres other members who are more familiar with your bike though :0

- Foamy

Guest martinread

Thanks Foamy/Drewps, that's what I figured but hoping it wasn't a strip down just adjustment wrong, guess it's another few days in the shed with the spanners, OH BUGGER! :angry: Sorry should have said XJ 750 (UK) 1982/3 with 36 thou on the clock.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online