YBR 125 Engine sound

Big_C1
This post is 4836 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all.

New to the club and new to biking, but very excited to have my first bike, a 2008 YBR125 and looking forward to it taking me towards my test.

Took it for a good spin the other day (3rd day I had it) to see what i could get out of it. About 65 i reckon which isn't to bad considering I weigh 15 stone. Anyway since then I am almost sure that the note of the engine has changed. Now I don't know if I'm being a bit paranoid about my new baby but I swear the note has got deeper/rougher and almost a bit 'growly'. Even when I'm crusing down the road before my house in 3rd/4th gear, no throttle, there is an underlying growl. Don't think it's the exhausut but I suppose it could be. I don't really have any knowledge to draw upon. Anyone come across anythin similar or got any other ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest martinread

Welcome to the YOC Chris, Some bikes come with a demountable baffle (it screws or slots) in the end of the exhaust, check to see if the baffles are actually in the exhaust, bright torch and a dark shed are best, I know that some Hondas (I know they suck so lay off!) have this type of arrangement especially the lower power ones or non stock exhausts can have weird arrangments for fitting the baffles in.

Stopped in at the shop on Saturday and the mechanic reckoned it was fine. Emmm...... not sure but maybe I am just being paranoid, it is still riding fine. Still got some warranty left so will keep an eye on it. Cheers for the advise.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online