1999 R6 ignition switch problem

Rob82
This post is 4839 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Having an absolute nightmare trying to rebuild my R6 , bought it a month ago , to find later ro my displeasure that the previous owner had butchered several sections of wiring among other things , anyway onto the problem ....

I have come to reconnect all the wiring , everything present and accounted for and all plugs attached , except one , i cannot find where abouts the 4 pin plug from the ignition switch fits , i have spent 2 days looking to see if i have missed anything and i just cant see anything , no plugs in the loom and cant see where it could possibly go , the bike will not turn over on the starter motor , not sure if it will run with a bump start , the bike started and ran before i stripped it down but there were wires twisted and taped together in several places as well as a few wires that were badly burned (and have now been replaced ) if anyone can tell me where this plug fits (or even better a picture of where) i would be extremely grateful

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

problem solved , the plug had been bypassed as the switch is faulty , the wiring connection that bypassed the switch had corroded and broken apart when i have benn moving wiring .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online