Need more juice for my YBR 125

dale12
This post is 4689 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I'm just a newbie here but I know most people say that 125's really can't give you any power and all that. Still, I love my ybr bike and I really want to give it more power even for just a bit. Do you guys have any suggestions? i.e. CDI's without limiters and such. You'll need to be more specific and your explanations need to be crystal clear because I don't know much about bikes like the other people in this here forum. IF engine tweaks or any tweaks at all is needed, I'd prefer those with low risks on the wear and tear/damage added to the bike.

Thanks in advanced

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I'm just a newbie here but I know most people say that 125's really can't give you any power and all that. Still, I love my ybr bike and I really want to give it more power even for just a bit. Do you guys have any suggestions? i.e. CDI's without limiters and such. You'll need to be more specific and your explanations need to be crystal clear because I don't know much about bikes like the other people in this here forum. IF engine tweaks or any tweaks at all is needed, I'd prefer those with low risks on the wear and tear/damage added to the bike.

Thanks in advanced

sorry to say m8 but 125cc 4 stroke engines nowadays are designed and built to be "restricted" its not really a restriction as this implies that the engine has more power. but they dont. its just built to plod at a reasonable speed.

there are a couple of things you could try but they will cost money and are not guaranteed to work, and will damage the engine over time. so your best bet would be to just keep it as it is till you can get a bigger cc bike.

but here is a list of what you could do:-

1. free flow exhaust (frees up air flow, costs £300 for an extra 4mph)

2. bigger jets in carb (creates a bigger bang, costs £7 per jet but its not a mod for a noob!)

3. re-map (re-map the icu, or cdi whatever you call it costs £400 for an extra 5mph)

all these will wear out the engine faster (if done properly) if there not done properly then expect ur engine to last a month

4. big bore kit (it changes the bikes cc so you get more but your engine internals take on more strain plus it will make you illegal if your on a learner license)

your best bet (and cheepest) would be to use the ybr for 2 years to pass your test then get a bigger cc bike.

One more to add.

Increase the gear ratio - replace the front sprocket with one-tooth-less sprocket or the rear one with one-tooth-more.

It will not increase the power output, but will add some torque (with nearly 8%) which is needed especially on 5-th gear.

Easy to do and not expensive.