The Friday Quiz!

Pete
This post is 7217 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Those of you who know me are aware that I've been looking for a second bike/ratbike since I sold the DT175 in June.

And now something has finally turned up....the right bike at the right price too.

It's bought and paid for, and I collect it later.

So....can you guess WHAT bike it is?

Some clues.....

1. I won't consider anything that's not Jap...cos I love the inscrutable Nips!

2. I won't consider any Jap bikes assembled by inscrutable Nips if the factory name ends in "i".

Go on.....take a shot! Can YOU guess what bike no.48 is?

But have no fear....the rampantly Gay Honda is staying! :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Alan guessed it right on DSUK.

It's a Yam TT-R250.

It's a 1994 manufactured model, imported into the UK in 2001.

Looks like it's spent most of it's life in more tropical climates TBH.

They all were imports from that era as Yamaha stopped officially bringing them in as the high price tag at the time (circa £4.3K), resulted in low sales.

It's done 20K miles, all original except for Renthal bars, very good condition....though I'll improve it out of all recognition.

Owned by a 60+ year old guy from Hereford since import. No expense spared on maintenance either.....brand new gold sprockets and chain on it.

It was taken as part ex by the local offroad dealer.....the one that I do all the computer work for.

So I had it at way below it's real market value.....plus he's doing a full service on it, and a new MOT for free when it's due at the end of January.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online