FZR600 problem

Choc
This post is 4843 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Realised i had posted this in the wrong section <_<

I'm having serious problems with my little Gen'. After spending the last year SORN after the master cylinder went (and i acquired the speed triple :unsure: ) I sent her off to a local fixer to get put right. During her time of inactivity some running problems occurred so I asked for this to be sorted aswell. I finally got her back this week sporting a new battery, new carbs, new jets, a request to remove my nice little race can as the setup required some back pressure and a clean bill of health. All was rosy in my world.....until i came to use her for the 3rd time and nothing. The starter motor was spinning nice and freely, the fuel pump whizzing away and the exhaust honked of fuel, but no life. After responding to a bump start she would then start under her own power rode fine, until (after warming up) i tried to take her into the rev band. At 7000rpm it lost all power and was coughing and spluttering and refused to go any higher :angry: and im not back at square one, she wont start :(

Rant over, any suggestions? I've been pointed at a possible problem with the digital ignitor.

Choc

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Choc.

Do we know each other?

I think we do. :icon_cry:

For reasons only known to us I hope you are ok, myself and J & J are really gutted over recent events.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and I hope you get all the help you require.

To all the regular contributors please help this fellow biker, he means a lot to me for reasons I can't go into at the moment but he was mentioned in one of my earlier topics.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online