FZR600 problems

Choc
This post is 4857 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm having serious problems with my little Gen'. After spending the last year SORN after the master cylinder went (and i acquired the speed triple :unsure: ) I sent her off to a local fixer to get put right. During her time of inactivity some running problems occurred so I asked for this to be sorted aswell. I finally got her back this week sporting a new battery, new carbs, new jets, a request to remove my nice little race can as the setup required some back pressure and a clean bill of health. All was rosy in my world.....until i came to use her for the 3rd time and nothing. The starter motor was spinning nice and freely, the fuel pump whizzing away and the exhaust honked of fuel, but no life. After responding to a bump start she would then start under her own power rode fine, until (after warming up) i tried to take her into the rev band. At 7000rpm it lost all power and was coughing and spluttering and refused to go any higher :angry: and im not back at square one, she wont start :(

Rant over, any suggestions? I've been pointed at a possible problem with the digital ignitor.

Choc

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm having serious problems with my little Gen'. After spending the last year SORN after the master cylinder went (and i acquired the speed triple :unsure: ) I sent her off to a local fixer to get put right. During her time of inactivity some running problems occurred so I asked for this to be sorted aswell. I finally got her back this week sporting a new battery, new carbs, new jets, a request to remove my nice little race can as the setup required some back pressure and a clean bill of health. All was rosy in my world.....until i came to use her for the 3rd time and nothing. The starter motor was spinning nice and freely, the fuel pump whizzing away and the exhaust honked of fuel, but no life. After responding to a bump start she would then start under her own power rode fine, until (after warming up) i tried to take her into the rev band. At 7000rpm it lost all power and was coughing and spluttering and refused to go any higher :angry: and im not back at square one, she wont start :(

Rant over, any suggestions? I've been pointed at a possible problem with the digital ignitor.

Choc

before you go down the ignitor route , it sounds to me that its over fueling , are you sure you have the correct jets in should be #30 pilots and #65 mains,starter jet #52.5

make sure they are genuine mikuni as well , they dont like these\cheap chinese copys , have you pulled the plugs what are they like ?

I would take it back if you have paid someone to look at it

I'm not entirely sure what jets are in it now, i think they may be Dynojet ones. Other then checking electrical connections and the choke I haven't touched anything. Going to phone the place up again on monday and have a moan. <_<