xj600s starting problem

bonjo
This post is 4844 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi can any body help me cant start xj600s its been standing for a year or so renewed a lot of parts inlet manifold seals,rubber crommets from in-let man to carbs new kit on petrol tank new vacum pipes still wont fire.If i pour petrol into the top of carbs starts and runs fine untill petrol runs out. Please help. Regards Bonjo

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Bonjo,

1. Read this - Clicky link - they like people to introduce themselves properly here, old fashioned thing called manners, y'know?

b. Be thankful you aren't being sent here - another Clicky link - standard response for a lot of people here ....

iii. (The helpful bit) If it runs OK when you put fuel straight into the carbs, it iounds like you're not getting fuel out of the tank - blockage in the tank/somewhere in the pipe? Do you get fuel out of the tank when the tap is switched to Prime?

Welcome to the club, now go and say hello properly before the grumpy gits on here ignore you ....

Hi Bonjo, I'm one of the grumpy gits.

A bit of paternal advice.

Not the best of introductions, first things first.

Introduce yourself.

Name? - we know that, Bonjo

male/female - ?

where from - ?

interests - ?

The point is introduce yourself first, wait for all the Hi's and welcomes.

THEN - Ask the questions!

We get so many people coming on here to find a solution to their problem, getting advice, not even replying to say thanks and never to be heard of again.

It certainly makes my blood boil, how many other regular members feel the same??

Anyway, Bonjo, please prove me wrong. reply with a great intro and a commitment to become a regular memember.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online