yamaha aerox yq100 help

zaidar61s
This post is 4740 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, im new to this forum and hope i could gain some knowledge from here.

basically

i have a yamaha aerox yq100, the bike runs fine but has a few of what I think are problems.

-firstly the exhaust gets really hot where i can smell the heathish smell if you know what i mean ,when i turn the bike off the exhaust makes a ticking noise.

-secondly, when the bike is off and i'm pushing it, it sometimes locks into gear so i cannot push it, is this normal?

-thirdly, when i press the rear brake it makes a very irritating squeaky noise is there anything i can do to stop that, ive adjusted the rear drum brake but it has not helped.

-last question is regarding the front brake, it's very stiff meaning i just push it a tiny bit and the bike stops, do i remove some oil?

any help would be really really appreciated.

thank you in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

basically

i have a yamaha aerox yq100, the bike runs fine but has a few of what I think are problems.

-firstly the exhaust gets really hot where i can smell the heathish smell if you know what i mean ,when i turn the bike off the exhaust makes a ticking noise.

-secondly, when the bike is off and i'm pushing it, it sometimes locks into gear so i cannot push it, is this normal?

-thirdly, when i press the rear brake it makes a very irritating squeaky noise is there anything i can do to stop that, ive adjusted the rear drum brake but it has not helped.

-last question is regarding the front brake, it's very stiff meaning i just push it a tiny bit and the bike stops, do i remove some oil?

thank you in advance

Reckon I can help you with a couple of your problems Zaidar, but it's getting late here mate, so I'll come back to it in the morning, what I will say is, under no circumstances do you bleed off any oil/ brake fluid,there is a min and a max level on the reservoir for a reason,and also its meant to be pretty stiff mate, and as your brakepads wear down, there will be made more room in the reservoir,and will slightly loosen off.

Right then I'm off up the apples, maybe Kishan will be along later and help you a bit more, I think he has the same scooter, but until then, maybe go onto the new members area, introduce yourself a bit more where from, pics of bike etc

Reckon I can help you with a couple of your problems Zaidar, but it's getting late here mate, so I'll come back to it in the morning, what I will say is, under no circumstances do you bleed off any oil/ brake fluid,there is a min and a max level on the reservoir for a reason,and also its meant to be pretty stiff mate, and as your brakepads wear down, there will be made more room in the reservoir,and will slightly loosen off.

Right then I'm off up the apples, maybe Kishan will be along later and help you a bit more, I think he has the same scooter, but until then, maybe go onto the new members area, introduce yourself a bit more where from, pics of bike etc

thanks mate, really appreciate your response

basically

thank you in advance

Right mate where were we ah yes, I'm presuming here you have a new bike? as in age not you have recently gotten?

K your exhaust will be new and devoid of the usual carbon build up,any new paint,or oils that are on it can smell of heat for a while, so no problems there it's pretty much normal, as for the ticking noise, again that's normal, it's just the exhaust getting hot, and the metal expanding whilst riding it, and when you stop, the exhaust gets colder, therefore the metal is contracting.

The bit where you have the bike locking up, whilst pushing it? Never heard of that before, ever. The back wheel is driven by a belt to the clutch from the Variator, which is driven by the crank, and seeing as the Variator works on centrifrugal force, you'd have to be pushing it at a rate of knots to drive the belt, which in turn drives the clutch,(that's why you can't bump start automatic scooters btw))so that one I can't help you with sorry, but if it happens on a regular basis seek professional help with it, as it doesn't sound right.

The squeaking at the rear when you press the rear brake? sounds like it just needs a little copper grease where the springs go across the shoes,

or around the pin that holds them together, be very careful if you are going to attempt to do this yourself, not to get copper grease anywhere near the actual brake shoe lining, as this will affect your braking big time.

the bit with the stiff front brake lever, I've already said thats normal give it sometime for the pads to bed in and it will get easier.

Hope this helps? safe riding.

hi thanks for your reply mate

my bike is not new its a 2002 model which i purchased few days ago, so is the ticking noise and exhaust getting hot still normal

thanks

Yup, it may be a replacement new exhaust on an older bike.

basically

-firstly the exhaust gets really hot where i can smell the heathish smell if you know what i mean ,when i turn the bike off the exhaust makes a ticking noise. = that is normal mate so dont panic

-secondly, when the bike is off and i'm pushing it, it sometimes locks into gear so i cannot push it, is this normal? = rear drum brake might be too tight so try loosen it by turning the rear drum brake tention the opposite direction and see if that helps as ive over tightenedm y rear drum brake b4 and it did that.

-thirdly, when i press the rear brake it makes a very irritating squeaky noise is there anything i can do to stop that, ive adjusted the rear drum brake but it has not helped. = your rear brake shoes will be worn out so change them.

-last question is regarding the front brake, it's very stiff meaning i just push it a tiny bit and the bike stops, do i remove some oil? = nope its meant to be hard its disc brake so dont worry dont remove no oil

thanks Kishan and Nev for your response.

regarding the issue of my bike getting stuck in gear ( which i think is getting stuck in gear)

it definitely does get stuck in gear but this only happens sometimes when it's turned off and i'm rolling it, yes i know it's automatic* it's fine when i'm riding it however soon as i turn it off and try to push it into my driveway it just stops and when i try pushing it it sounds like the engine is trying to turn over. if i try the kick start it's like the wheel wants to spin. the only way to get it started at this point is to use the electric start giving throttle, this will then take it out of gear although while using the electric start the bike tries to move forward. this is a bugger and i really want this sorted.

any ideas?

thanks very much guys

Exhaust ticking is normal

Front brake,,,,,,,are the pads new? if so they just need time to bed in propperly. Lack of use can have the same effect (biteing hard). If pads are new dont worry about it.

Back brake,,,,,,, pads these days or shoes in your case have limiters on them,,,,them make a high pitched squeak when they are worn down to the limit,,so you might want to check there condition.

Stuck in gear,,,,,, put bike on centre stand,,,,,start bike,,,,,is the back wheel turning when the bike has no trottle on ? If so it COULD be that your clutch needs adjusting. I dont have experience of these bikes so im just thinking of what it could be. What you could try though is this,,,,,,,,,next time your comming to a stop, instead of rolling up to a stop with no trottle, give the bike a tiny bit of throttle just as you are stopping, this might make the bike think you want to get going again and mabey drop down to first, or open the roller that drives the belt, this might put less pressure on the belt and in doing so you might be able to push the bike when the engine is turned off. Just a thaught,,,,,,worth a try !!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online