Feelin' Normal Again....

YamaHead
This post is 7219 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

For the past 2 weeks, I haven't been riding due to a nagging headlight prob with the XJ......cleaned & replaced just about anything that remotely had to do with the headlight, still with NO positive results :? I decided to pull the dimmer switch apart one more time to check voltages, put it back together & was going to have a 30yr. Bike Mechanic friend of mine, have a go with it.......fired it up to take it over to his house---low & behold, the headlight now works!! :roll: ......has ever since :? .....probably just a bad ground @ the handlebar with that dimmer switch :wink:

So now that I'm back on 2-wheels again, it's amazing how my outlook on day to day life has improved 8)

Needless to say, I'm now ready for the Polar Bear Run on New Years Day :wink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

BTW, has it got one of those weird 4 way contacts switches that pivot on a spring loaded bearing as used on FZR600s ?

What a nightmare those are to repair... :cry:

Fortunately NO......I think it was just due to lack of upkeep over 4+ years of riding everyday. :oops: .......but a good cleaning & some WD cured that. :wink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online