HELP with 2 problems fella's

Canny lad
This post is 4849 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guys really need some help with 2 problems...

1/ i replaced the petcock on my RXS and stupidly i forgot to put the filter back on.. while out today it broke down and wouldnt even start.. whats the best way to clean the carb out bearing in mind i dont have access to a compressor..

2/ the battery has lost its charge and its brand new... when the bike is running the idiot lights dont get brighter when you rev it and they always used to... could it be a regulator or rectifier problem or maybe something else?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

1/ i replaced the petcock on my RXS and stupidly i forgot to put the filter back on.. while out today it broke down and wouldnt even start.. whats the best way to clean the carb out bearing in mind i dont have access to a compressor..

2/ the battery has lost its charge and its brand new... when the bike is running the idiot lights dont get brighter when you rev it and they always used to... could it be a regulator or rectifier problem or maybe something else?

Hmm...

1) buy compresed air - such stuff is used for electronics cleaning; just be carefull and ask the seller that you don't want the "freezer" but just the compresed air

2) buy/borrow a cheapest multimeter (voltage meter) - check the volatege no the battery at ca. 3000rpms - should show >14V. If it is not - you should look for the manual :)

regards

oscar

open up the carb and spray the heck out of it with carb cleaner. I might do the same with fuel line too just cause. I added a cheap 99 cent 90 degree fuel filter in between the tank and the carb as a secondary backup... you might consider the same so this problem never happens again. for the battery is it being discharged while you ride and not recharging? it could be the rectifier could be the stator could even be as simple as the ground wire..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online