SR125 Issues

BigglesVII
This post is 4767 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys. I wonder if anyone could help me. My SR125 is a 98 but the wiring is 91-96. Im having a hard time finding a new ignition unit, its not the common one on ebay.

Does anyone know a parts supplier that may have the "5HO-MO" ignition unit?

The alternative I have is to buy the newer unit and remove the sidestand relay, does anyone know if this would work? From what I can see on the wiring diagram that's the only difference.

It's been a problem for a few months now and I've pretty much changed everything else on her, any help would be much appreciated :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Looks like ive semi solved it, the difference between the later ignition unit is a 6 connection block and a 2. The one on my bike is 4 and 4. All the wiring is there just different colours. Down to looking at dodgy item pics on ebay XD. Im gonna buy one and see if it works on my bike. Also wouldnt have to remove the sidestand relay.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update got the newer unit. Wired it up and not able to get a spark at the plug but it does turn over. Im gonna investigate the wiring a bit more to see whats different. Luckily I have the diagrams for both models so ill get there eventually.