Dragstar Tool Pouches

Hdegan
This post is 4763 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello

i drive a yamaha dragstar 125

is there such a thing as a genuine dragstar tool roll? in leather? id rather put one on with the logo.

also , im having difficulties finding the actual factory toolkit that comes witht the yamaha dragstar.

thanks in advance harry

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Should be in the side panel that has the lock on it. Dont expect too much in the way of toolsthough. I think the original kit had a screwdriver, plug box spanner, a couple of allen keys, and a spanner (if its still there)

Never seen a dragstar tool roll, but I have seen good looking leather ones from other suppliers on XVS 125s

New Dragstars include a small plastic pouch with a few tools in, as described above.

Parts shops can get original pouches for about £60.

But, as I supect you mean the cylindrical leather carrier usually mounted on the forks.

The answer is yes, you can get them. Some even have the Yamaha Dragstar star logo on. They aren't really bike-specific, as they have adjustable straps to fit all Star models.

Yamaha do OEM ones, other places also offer the same. Start with Googling Dragstar tool roll.

I had a tool roll sitting under the headlight. My advice? Unless you are going to keep it on there permanantly, don't put one on. It will rub constantly on the fork shrouds, leaving a patch of highly polished metal. They do the same to paintwork too, but will take the top layer of paint off.

If you really really want it though, I would suggest the sticky carbon fibre patches at any points of contact, although I'm not sure of the effect the adhesive would have on a brushed chrome finish (Dragstar Classic fork shrouds)

Seen 'em also strapped above the headlight, on the backrest, along the back of the rear seat, on the frame between and just above the footrests... just about anywhere, really.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online