DT175A Exhaust duration in degrees

tdpomodoro
This post is 4851 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

The time has come to do something about my exhaust. The header leaks like a sieve - rusted through!

Wondering if any one knew the exhaust duration on a DT175A?

Does anyone have a service manual for this model - perhaps it's in there?

I've been reading Graham Bell's manual on two-stroke tuning and its proving to me an excellent resource, not just for exhausts but all kinds of topics.

Going to try my hand at making my own tuned exhaust as per his suggestions. Going to be an underswept design like a maico:

maico_501_1972_sm.jpeg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

God speed to you for you truly are entering the fires of hell.

2 stroke port timing and exhaust duration are absoloutly critical to the engine even running.

Why not post as a journal so others can see just how complicated it really is.

Good luck.

Thanks for the wishes of luck.

I'm not doing anything too crazy, not looking to change the timing or duration, just making a chamber up - anything has got to be better than I currently have cause she's holding sweet little pressure.

I tried plugging her up with metal epoxy but it flaked right off.

I've got a 1.5" mandrel bend from a exhaust shop that's suitable to fix the current header though the current system seems very restrictive so i'll try my hand at some scratch fab.