1970 AT1 125/175 help

vanrodd
This post is 4716 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi newbie hear. I have a 1970 AT1 i got a few months ago the motor, frame, and title say its a AT1 mx but i noticed the cylinder says 175cc so i guess its a 125/175 anyway it starts when its cold runs for a few minutes then you have to keep reeving it to make it stay running then eventually it will die and its real hard to start. ive had the carb apart three times cleaned it put new parts in it, no luck the motor sounds normal doesn't smoke, it has no oil tank on it so i mixed the gas 32 to 1. i work on cars more than motorcycles so i don't know a hole lot about it. any advice would help, thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sounds like you have a dirty fuel tap on that thing, letting just a dribble through. ...so you run the carb dry and then when stopped slowly fills again?

ive taken the petcock apart and checked it and adjusted the flote level on the carb, still the same. once the bike is warmed up its hard to even get it to run again. somebody had told that if the piston is bad it would cause it to act like that, i really don't know

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online