Morning all from another newbie

This post is 4846 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Morning all

I was 67 last month and I bought a Yamaha Virago 535 here in Thailand for my birthday.

At my age it will probably be my last bike and to buy it I sold my Honda Phantom to a mate who lives in Germany.

He leaves it here for when he comes across for his monthly holiday every year.

When I got the Yamaha he told me that when I finally give up biking I can keep the Honda and he will take on the Yamaha.

I get the best of both worlds that way.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

When I got the Yamaha he told me that when I finally give up biking I can keep the Honda and he will take on the Yamaha.

Why would you keep the Honda when you give up biking?

Why would you keep the Honda when you give up biking?

Well I hope to have maybe 10 more years biking and by then my son will be 17 and he can have the bike.

Kids over in Thailand especially in the rural areas quite often ride bikes as young as 8 or 9 as there is no public transport and no other way to get to school.

Some of them are bright enough to wear helmets and only ride a max of 2 up on on old 2 stroker but i have seen up to a family of 5 before.

The problem is that when you are 5 or 6km from the school or anything else how do you get somewhere?

I used to walk or cycle that far to school. ;)

I only used to live a mile from school back in the fifties and after I was 8 or so I used to walk to the junior school.

After my 11 plus (failed) I would either use my bike that my big brother rebuilt for me or walk the mile and a half to senior school.

My son here in Thailand goes to school in a minibus but as the only school near us that has an English language, Science, Maths, Computer Studies and PE in English is about 65 km away he has to use the bus.

However we also have to take him 6 km each way to the pick up point it gets to be a PITA at times. :huh:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online