My YBR125 wont start

This post is 4847 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI all im new to this site but already i need you help! Firstly i embarrassingly know very little about Bikes expect how to ride it . This morning i was all ready running late for work and then to make things worse i got on my Bike turned the key,lights all came on as normal,BUT!........no wereing/pumping sound ... tried ignition ,ticks but doesn't start.

she had a mot and service about 3 months ago passed with flying colours and was even offered to have it bought from me for over two thirds of the new price! sweet.

realy need your help espesaly as i live quite a way from any garage that can help and i dont fancy pushing it min of 6 miles lol

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

welcome Zippy " i take it has an electric fuel pump,, check the fuses, does the engine turn over , ie is battery goosed, and is it still under warranty?

i dont belive it!!!! i just thought i try one last time tonight, this time i turned the key.......pump worked engine started!? any ideas what it might be? obviosly want to find out what is is as i cant have abike that choses when it wants to start or not!

sounds like an electrical issue... somethiing to do with the power supply to the pump... intermittent faults are a bitch to find as they usually start working when u try and find em

'grays on the new bike Zippy!

The temperature may have changed enough to squeeze a few more amps from the battery.... Either that, or it's trying to find your limits. Like a misbehaven child! :)

Hi all; I'm new to the forum as well. I'm guessing most of you are located in Gr Brit, from the town names like Glacoustershire, etc (the only "shire" I know is from LOTR.) I'll just preemptively apologize for spelling "color" wrong and accept the fact that if a say truck, I mean lorrie....

Anyway, I have a 1979 750 Yamaha xs

- it's the worst bike ever

- it's also the best ever!

My wife visits her own forum at a Suzuki site.... Poor thing. :) We've been riding about 4 years, but I ride year round, except when it's actively snowing, and not below 15 degrees (-10 C.)

That's about it.

Oh, WTF is a "quid?" some amount of money, I guess.

Thanks for all your ideas guys how ever i still cant find out what the f*** is wrong with her i think im gona have to bite the bullet and taker her to a garage!!!!!!! ill lrt you know what it was and GULP how much it cost.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online