Adding additional lights, horns, fiber optics..etc to your XV125

Kelum
This post is 4853 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys...

I am thinking of putting additional lights on my XV125. Like two small front lights below or above Headlight..and some additional horn..I saw in the store a set of side mirrors and each had speakers on them..you could place ur micro sd memory chip to play songs while u ride or simply listen to FM radio..

My problem is if you want such gadgets fixed onto bike...how would u take the power from wire harness..are there special places in the circuit where u could get power from? I found two free connectors so far in the headlight, and one under right side cup where relays are...what are they for? Extensions for additional stuff..? Also since my thermo switch is disconnected ...the two wore leads also remain free...but they come from the bikes circuit diagram, I think I shouldnt mess with it..does thermo switch has negative positive polese, how do u identify them..plus how do u test if my thermo switch is ok using multimeter?

Of course if you go for additional lights and all...you should update your fuses..high amperes right?

If you want to connect a GPS system or a remote/security system..how would u start..I have xv250 circuit diagram...would these modifications affect badly on ignition system and starter?

Fiber optics (like in the Movie Tron) powered by LEDS seem to be cool..you coul do wonders with them..what about their applications on xv125? Has anyone tried? Ur advice will be highly appreciated..

;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This is the thermo switch..and suspected wires which should fit with it..but they have no poisitive negative leads..:(

cimg0153bg.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

your best bet would be to run a fused wire direct from the battery m8 B) put a 12 volt switch on there somewhere, as to speakers on the bike.....its not worth it as you wont hear anything whilst riding. as to fiber optic or led lights....unless its something a bit special (like the tron bike) then it will just look tacky but thats just my opinion. :D

I saw they place optical fibers on a cadilac modified cruiser..I think switching on to LED lamps would draw less current from battery plus they are durable...optics should be placed where they appear good mate..I like the luminous appearance in them...what is a 12 volt switch mate?

;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online