advice sought!!

gazad
This post is 7220 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have just been offered a 2002 triumph 600tt, yellow wiv yellow screen, full race exhaust (manifold- end can), solo seat conversion, 6K, tested yesterday, and all the standard stuff too for about 2k + my seat ibiza i payed £230 for what do u all thinki should do?? he says it is worth £4200 but i dont know what to do as i dont know how much bikes are worth??? help i have to go look this afternoon cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i went to have a look at it, it is definatly worth the 4200 quid, so really i should buy it and sell it on but i dont know, my fzr is old but i love it to bits even though the front sprocket nuts bin welded on :evil:, so for all this brit bike is sayin yeh i feel guilty bout getting rid of my baby yam!!! aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhh i still dunno what to do :?

I would be tempted with this one. I quite like the 600. Mind you I would get that front sprocket off. At least I'd feel beter about that. A few quid spent on that wold leave my conscoius clearer.

i thought id just use this thread to post this, so here goes have any of you ever used power steerin fluid to top your forks up??? as the tit i got this off has!!!! what a :ct: :fit :evil: :evil: , so do you think it will of knacked the fork seals? if it aint one thing its another wiv this :cuss bike!!!!!!!! any one wanna buy an fzr 600??? will be like new when i ever get it finished???? ](*,) :lol: cheers

I don't think it will have done any damage but you'll soon find out if it starts leaking.

You ought to check the spark plugs as well then and the other items that can be changed easily like gearbox oil and cooling system.

Something like that happened to me.

That old bag of shite the Honda CBX550 used TQF in the front forks (auto transmission fluid) as reccommended in the manual. I would assume that power steeing fluid is similar and provided it's the right grade and doesn't inhibit fork movement then there shouldn't be a problem.

cheers fellas, ive allready done the oil coolant etc and have just finished the fork oil change, i'l c 2mora if it stops the excessive play!!! none of the internals looked to bad howeva the drain plug on the left fork had been bodged back on (the head had snapped off the little torx bolt) and i guess it now needs drillin out?but it aint leaking so it'l get left alone till i decide to renew the springs on them, next job is that bodged front sprocket :evil: , change the rear sprocket and the chain then 2 tyres as i couldnt resist burnin the back one out (it was knacked anyhow) and fingers crossed that should be that [-o< .......................

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online