xs750 front wheel change to 18"

davw
This post is 4859 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Help needed here. I am going for a "spirit of the seventies" type cafe racer mod to my xs 750. I have a twin disc front wheel off (I think) an xs400 with a 15mm spindle. The original xs750 spindle is 17mm.

I am struggling to find bearings that will fit the 18" wheel (42mm OD) with the 17mm ID that i need for the original spindle. has anyone done this mod beofre and can throw a bit of light on this

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Help needed here. I am going for a "spirit of the seventies" type cafe racer mod to my xs 750. I have a twin disc front wheel off (I think) an xs400 with a 15mm spindle. The original xs750 spindle is 17mm.

I am struggling to find bearings that will fit the 18" wheel (42mm OD) with the 17mm ID that i need for the original spindle. has anyone done this mod beofre and can throw a bit of light on this

thanks

I'd turn down the 750 spindle and put a sleeve insert within the "closed" end of the lower fork leg.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online