Starter clutch swapping

fuff66uk
This post is 4855 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm after some advice please guys,the starter clutch has packed up on my 535 virago so i got a repair kit to sort it,when i took the starter clutch off i found 2 cracks in it so obviously that is no good,the thing i am wondering is this the number of the starter repair kit i got is the same for a few Yamaha models so is it likely that the starter clutch will be the same on those as the 535,ie could i use one from another yamaha on my 535 because the 1 for the 535 is above 200 quid and bloody hard to find.

Cheers

Al

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This is only a guess !!! so dont take my word for it !

They could be the same.

Get your correct number and a picture of the starter clutch,,,,,,,,now pull up some pictures of the other model bikes with the same number,,,,,,,closely match the pictures to see if there the same.

Yamaha do often use the same parts in some of there bike models.

Quick eg...... FZR, FZS, TCat, R1,,,,,,,,,,these often use the same parts engine wise !

HTH

This is only a guess !!! so dont take my word for it !

They could be the same.

Get your correct number and a picture of the starter clutch,,,,,,,,now pull up some pictures of the other model bikes with the same number,,,,,,,closely match the pictures to see if there the same.

Yamaha do often use the same parts in some of there bike models.

Quick eg...... FZR, FZS, TCat, R1,,,,,,,,,,these often use the same parts engine wise !

HTH

Trouble with Yamaha they use different numbers for the identical item if it's for a different bike,crafty buggers

Trouble with Yamaha they use different numbers for the identical item if it's for a different bike,crafty buggers

Aaaaaa,,,,,,,yes,,,,,,,now that you mention it,,,they do indeed.

So i suppose your only hope is that someone has done it allready and can tell you,,,,,,,,otherwise you'd have to have the two items in your hands to compare them.

I'm no help at all to ya really :(

Lol it's not you that's no help mate it's yamaha,i suppose they have got me over a barrel and i'll have to either save me pennies or hope to find one in a breakers which is like trying to get hens teeth :(

Lol it's not you that's no help mate it's yamaha,i suppose they have got me over a barrel and i'll have to either save me pennies or hope to find one in a breakers which is like trying to get hens teeth :(

I think i will find a cheap one on ebay that looks the same and see if it fits

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online