dt 230

This post is 4843 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone

saga continues,125 power valve wont work in 230,local dealer not hopeful of being able to get one,last chance saloon,has anybody got one i could borrow,got a good engineering shop that is willing to try and machine one but obviously need one to copy,

heres hoping

cheers

mark.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Why cant the local dealer get one? are they discontinued or can't they be bothered. Manchester extreme will get you one if they are not discontinued, you will have to discuss with Owen if he could have it sent to you after you get a price. it wont be cheap I dont suppose. Didnt know you would consider a new one but hey...needs must eh?

• 2 weeks later...

Why cant the local dealer get one? are they discontinued or can't they be bothered. Manchester extreme will get you one if they are not discontinued, you will have to discuss with Owen if he could have it sent to you after you get a price. it wont be cheap I dont suppose. Didnt know you would consider a new one but hey...needs must eh?

update on dt 230 saga,thanks go to len manchesters in melton mowbray,power valve sourced and imported from japan,one week from ordering to delivery,amazingly only £66,for those who dont know about them,same styling as dt125 re 2004 onwards,better rear shock with preload and rebound damping,ally wheels,twin piston brakes front and rear from yz range,rear pegs fold out from frame,traction control,electronic clocks,claimed 40 horse motor,first ride feels promising,plenty of bottom end,obviously not as revvy as 125,easily pulling about 90mph,i had a 125re and this is the same but much better,insurance carried on from 175 with no extra to pay except admin fee,if you like the 125 and fancy more poke this is recommended.

cheers

mark.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online