Yamaha XJ 650 TURBO CARB FLOATS

Senzei
This post is 4782 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

Have a XJ 650 Turbo, have spent a lot of money and time on her, have had guys meant to have stripped tunned and balanced the carbs etc. Only thing was ride for a while and all stops then the carbs havd to be redone (3 times).

Have had enough of it now so took it on myself, stripped the carbs and cleaned the inide of the tank and sealed it, the stuff that came out was brown muck, now they told me they had done that, ha!!!

The carbs had 1 float (black washer with long pin if you know what I mean, )totally jammed and 2 of the mixer screws with no heads (brass) had them drilled out and new ones inserted and sorted the float out. All put back then button pressed, started but then stopped fast, on looking at the carbs/plugs etc it looks like I have messed up the floats (black). These stop excess fuel how do you rebalance them I need a real idiots guide as post I have seen don't seem to have such a thing (idiots guide) pics would be good.

Any ideas of the settings? how to get them correct also mixture settings (have set to 2 and a half turns each.

;);)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online