XJ6 - EXHAUST UPGRADES/ CHANGES

KingWasp
This post is 4701 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there,

I'm relatively new to these pages so a big hello to you all.

I've got a 2009 XJ6 and was interested to know what others have done about the exhaust. To date all I've done is drill a hole through the end and this has made a slight inprovement to the sound.

What have others done?

Anybody out there used 2002 R6 down pipes and worked from there?

What about some of the full systems on offer? What have you had done and how much did you pay?

Really keen to hear about others as I'm I'm going crazy trying to decide what to do?

Thanks KW

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there,

I'm relatively new to these pages so a big hello to you all.

I've got a 2009 XJ6 and was interested to know what others have done about the exhaust. To date all I've done is drill a hole through the end and this has made a slight inprovement to the sound.

What have others done?

Anybody out there used 2002 R6 down pipes and worked from there?

What about some of the full systems on offer? What have you had done and how much did you pay?

Really keen to hear about others as I'm I'm going crazy trying to decide what to do?

Thanks KW

The R6 downpipes that fit are from the 03-05 model. They require a limited amount of denting to clear the bikes sump [not visible once fitted].

Lots of stuff has been done to the exhausts of these machines now.

There are a few options:

-Mod the stadard system; everything from what you have done, to chopping the cat/silencer off and welding up.

-Replacing with R6 headers and generic can, something i did on my first XJ6 and will look to do again on the one i have just bought.

-'end can'; £150-£270 will buy a small can that bolts on to the exit of existing system and sits [typically] near the peg bracket.

-Full systems; from £500 ebay.it for a termignoni to £1200+ for carbon TBR etc.

The last is easily the best option, but very, very expensive. Of course 1 and 4 really require the fuelling to be checked and modified and for the O2 sensor to be neutered.

HTH

The R6 downpipes that fit are from the 03-05 model. They require a limited amount of denting to clear the bikes sump [not visible once fitted].

Lots of stuff has been done to the exhausts of these machines now.

There are a few options:

-Mod the stadard system; everything from what you have done, to chopping the cat/silencer off and welding up.

-Replacing with R6 headers and generic can, something i did on my first XJ6 and will look to do again on the one i have just bought.

-'end can'; £150-£270 will buy a small can that bolts on to the exit of existing system and sits [typically] near the peg bracket.

-Full systems; from £500 ebay.it for a termignoni to £1200+ for carbon TBR etc.

The last is easily the best option, but very, very expensive. Of course 1 and 4 really require the fuelling to be checked and modified and for the O2 sensor to be neutered.

HTH

I would imagine option 2 would also need a fuel controller or at least the fuel checking. Its certainly going to breathing differently after you remove the standard backbox.

Adam_Fozz