stuck!!!

gazad
This post is 7084 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

right i have just replaced the fork seals on my fzr 600, put them back on my bike and now when i start her and stick her in first,second etc she just dies there's no other way ro describe it :?. I am wondering if the jobsworth cable attached to the thingyme bob,(jobsworth cable i think is the speedo cable that attaches to the thingyme bob, front left of the wheel) if i put this in those grooves but the wrong way round would it cause the bike to do this or do you think its the clutch thats knackered? it aint slipping though??????? aaaaarrrrrhhhhh its doin my head in any ideas please help b4 i burn her!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It sounds like you have a switch for your side stand.

If the stan is down then it cuts the engine.

If you stand is up and it cuts the engine then it's bust.

Simply connecting the 2 wires together with a home made 'loom' will override it.

aaahhh i never thought in a million years it may have something to do with that :!: :oops: , i will try it with it up and have a quick scout about for any sort of wiring to do with it and let you know cheers :wink: fingers crossed it will sort it :D

Wen on holiday in Thailand, i had a bike with no side stand switch.....if i had one it might have prevented those scary moments trying to go round corners with the stand still down!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

(Amateurs mistake, but for the pro's not a problem no doubt)

Funny thinking back, but well dodge at the time!

well thanx alot guys it was cause the stand was down :oops: what a cretin i am!! :lol: , it was driving me mental though and to top it all off i decided to see what state the front sprocket was in and as a cruel twist of fate its been bloody welded!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: , not a happy bunny so it can just bloody stay on till i sell it on!!!!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online