Fj1200 project

irishluck
This post is 4713 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So i am new here, I recently bought an 87 fj1200 with a 91 fj1200 frame.

bought the 87 fj1200 with the 91 frame, no title for the 87(but ran it and was clean) and also got the 91 frame with title with it. project has been to switch everything over to the new frame, fresh start on the bike with all new bearings and parts.

So far the 87 is now just a bare frame. I now have almost completed the 91 fj1200. I have the whole front end on the bike, including forks, tree clamp, tire, brakes lines and callipers.

The entire rear end is also on the bike as well, including swing arm, tire, brakes and lines.

I have so far spent roughly $175 on all new bearing, brake lines and brake pads. Got green and black brake lines steel braided from speigler, new all balls stearing bearing, wheel bearing and fork seals. New brake pads and fluids, and new Pod filters.

Right now the bike is almost complete as the last piece and most important is the engine. I have it up in the bike but at the moment am waiting for the new engine mounts to finish the bike.

I have had to do some modifications on some parts from the 87 to the 91. Only difference between these years are the rear spring, the foot rest, and the subframe. The subframe will work if you make a couple of new mounting brackets, shock will too if you do a little grinding, but you'll need new foot rest.

**87 frame with title, down to frame and engine**

pic8.jpg

**87 rear and front end on the 91 frame cleaned and painted**

pic10.jpg

** 91 frame near complettion as engine is up and waiting for mounts***

pic1.jpg

let me know what ya guys think

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online