XS 250 Ignition issues?

Garygazza
This post is 4866 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello again,I have developed further issues with the bike.Started the bike up to find it misfiring(left hand down pipe cold)Checked for spark and found no spark on left hand cylinder.I have checked the points and wiring with a multi meter and all seems in order.I have also checked the left cylinder primary circuit by connecting to the right cylinder coil and the right hand plug spark so I happy the primary side is ok.I suspect the ignition coil but when I do a resistance check as per Haynes manual the readings are ok?Could you please tell me the correct ngk plugs as the bike has B8ES fitted which are a colder running plug that is listed.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks drewpy thats what I thought.Do you know of a good place to pick up a good replacement coil?

Thanks drewpy thats what I thought.Do you know of a good place to pick up a good replacement coil?

ebay, make sure they are for either contacts or electronic ignition!